10 PROVEN STEPS TO SPEED UP SLOW SYSTEMS AND ENHANCE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE
If you have been experiencing sluggish response with your personal computer or you want to enhance the speed and general performance of you system then this article is for you. Do you sleep while your computer is loading or performing a task? Do you become so angry and feel like destroying your computer because of it’s slow response and poor performance? Don’t worry any more because your solution is contained in this article. If you are able to apply carefully any of the ten steps listed below you will definitely experience enormous improvement in the speed and general performance of your personal computer.
1. DEFRAGMENT OFTEN: Windows defrag tools uses Application Acceleration from Intel which means that when you defragment your drive, data is physically arranged on the drive so that applications will load faster.
2. TURN OFF ACTIVE DESKTOP: Go to your display properties and switch to the web tab. Uncheck view my active desktop as a web page. Since the active desktop option under Windows uses a lot of system resources, this option will have a dramatic effect on the speed of the whole system.
3. RESOLUTIONS: If you’re willing to do anything for faster performance of your PC, then try lowering your display resolution. The lower your resolution the faster your PC performance.
4. TURN OFF ANIMATIONS: Go to display settings from the control panel and switch to the effects Tab. Now turn off show Windows content while dragging and smooth edges on screen fonts. This tip is also helpful with windows XP because of the various fade/scroll effects.
5. FASTER START-MENUE ACCESS: Go to the startmenu and select Run. Type Regedit and hit Enter. The registry editor will appear on the screen. Now open the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP. You should see a menushowdelay value.
6. WALLPAPERS: They slow down the system so its is preferable to use a basic plain one instead
7. Drivers- update your hardware drivers as frequently as possible. New and updated drivers increases system speed especially in the case of graphics cards, their drivers are updated by the manufacturer very frequently.
8. MINIMIZING: If you want to use several programs at the same time then minimize those you are not using. This helps reduce the overload on RAM.
9. BOOT FASTER: the starting windows 98/XP message on startup can delay your booting for a couple of seconds. To get rid of this message go to c:\ and find the filemsdos.sys. Remove the Read-Only option. Next, open it in Notepad or any other text editor.Finally , go to the text ‘options’ within the file and make the following changes: Add BootDelay= 0.To make your booting even faster, set add logo = 0 to remove the windows logo at startup
10. RESSTART ONLY WINDOWS: When restarting your PC, hold down shift to only restart Windows rather than the whole system which will only take a fraction of the time.
For more information, comments or questions use our comment box below or click ME we love your feedbacks. Be a helping hand to others today share this article on facebook or twiter. Finally send the username and password of your choice and your mobile number through this LINK now to open an account with www.websms247.com and start sending free customize sms now. Lastly visit and like us on facebook for updates on our latest on your wall by clicking ME