You can add a signature to a Gmail account by clicking the Gear button in Gmail and selecting Settings. Scroll down and enter your signature into the Signature field. Basic text signatures are fairly straightforward, but you can also create more advanced signatures that include links, logos, and formatted text.
- Open Gmail.Ensure that you are logged in with the address that you want to add a signature to.
- Open the Settings menu.Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Find the Signature section.Scroll down the Settings menu until you find the Signature section. You will see a text box as well as a drop-down menu with your email address.
- Type your signature.You can type anything you’d like into the signature field, and use the text formatting tools to give your signature a custom look. Signatures commonly include your name, place of employment and title, and your contact information.You can change the font, color, weight, and more using the text formatting tools. A signature should be easy to read and professional. A distracting signature will make you look less professional to the recipient.
- Add links to your signature.If you have other websites that you want to link to in your signature, you can add them by clicking the Link button at the top of the signature text field. It looks like a chain.Clicking the Link button will open a new window. You can enter in the text that will be displayed for the link, as well as the actual address. You can also link to other email addresses.
- Add different signatures for different addresses.If you have multiple email addresses associated with your Gmail account, you can have different signatures for each one. Click the drop-down menu above the signature text field to choose which address you want to create a signature for.
- Choose where you want the signature to appear.Check the box beneath the signature text field to have the signature appear before any quoted replies. If you leave it unchecked, the signature will show up at the bottom of the message, beneath any quotes.
Adding Images to Your Signature
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the cog icon and then select Settings.
- Scroll down in the General settings menu, until you hit Vacation responder.
- Select the radio button next to Vacation responder on.
- Enter the time details.You need to set a First day (even if it’s today’s date, for an immediate start), but the Last day is optional.