In order to speed up a pc, you need to know some basics things. You will also have to perform certain task which we are going to show you. There are several ways to improve a pc’s performance, because there are several bottlenecks on a computer. Therefore is important to recognize the possible reasons why your pc speed of performance is slow, so you can address them accordingly. Maybe you have tried several tricks and twicks even recommendations and there seem not to be any improvement. Hey but calm down! I have to tell you something truthfully. It’s your fault that your computer is slow because you do not perform the right computer maintenance on it or you have not even tried doing anything to speed up your computer. It is your responsibility to speed up your computer and make it run at its optimal performance. Don’t go blaming the computer because it is slow. Now follow these important steps below and fix your problem! Most slow computers have nothing to do with your CPU speed and everything to do with unwanted programs, junk files building up on your computer and the lack of organization.
1. Power Option: It might me surprising to you to find out that
Power Option could be the cause of your Notebook sluggishness because your using a power saver plan, this might also be the cause of your system slow operation, just right click on the battery icon on the tray and select power plan then change to high performance, but note that when this is done please remember to reduce the brightness of your pc but don’t let it fade like that of power saver.
2. Remove Unwanted Programs from Start-Up: To remove unwanted programs from start-up type msconfig in Run dialog box and hit Enter. And in the System Configuration window, go to Startup tab and Uncheck unwanted programs that you wish to remove from the start-up programs
3. Removing Unnecessary Files/Software: This somehow related to Point No.2, there are some system software that install additional software which are of no use and this might cause your system performance slow, and unused files, such as images, folders, files are recommended to be deleted.
4. Free Up Disk Space: This is done by deleting garbage files and removing unused programs from your computer. Empty the recycle bin, remove Windows temporary files. Uninstall Programs that you no longer use.
5. Regular Virus Scanning: This is also recommended to be done at least every week, because there are some virus that could not be detected while the anti-virus is running in the tray not until you scan your system before it could be detectable.
6. Clean Up your Registry: Cleaning up your Windows registry is highly recommended and it plays a major role in increasing the speed of a computer.
Whenever a program is installed / uninstalled in a computer, a new entry is added to the registry and as time goes on a huge amount of unwanted and invalid entries would have dotted in it and as the result reduces the speed of the computer. To do this you need a commercial registry Cleaner like Pc Health Advisor as Windows does not provide any in-built tool for cleaning the registry.
So it is highly recommended to clean up your registry on a regular basis in order to improve the computer performance.
7. DEFRAGMENTATION: Before you learn how to defragment your system we will explain to you what actually is fragmentation. Fragmentation is the event when files are split up into chunks, and stored into a storage volume (e.g. hard drive). What is fragmentation the result of? It occurs naturally when you use a volume frequently, creating, adding, deleting or modifying files. At some point, the operating system has to store files in a non-contiguous cluster. As the disk adds, deletes or modifies files, small gaps appear where old data used to live. If a new file is created and the operating system cannot find a gap that can accommodate the new file, it will fragment the file into small chunks and use it to fill in the small gaps.
File fragmentation usually results in slower reading and writing of data onto the disk. When a fragmented file is requested, the hard disk has to locate all parts of the file before reading it. In the same manner, when creating a new file, the hard disk has to find all small gaps that would accommodate the file being created. This is a common reason for the computer to slow down or to freeze. Severe file fragmentation can also lead to data loss, creating corrupted or unreadable files.
Defragmentation, usually called “defrag”, helps reorganize the disk by putting related data chunks together so the files are stored in a contiguous manner Begin by first clicking on the start button. Then move your mouse over the All Programs icon to display all Start Menu folders. Now, move your mouse onto the Accessories menu folder until it expands. Then move your mouse onto the System Tools menu folder until it expands. Now click on the Disk Defragmenter icon to launch the program.
SIMPLE —> Go to the Start Button. Go to All Programs —> Accessories —> System tools —> Disk Defrag.
For more information, comments or questions use our facebook comment box below or click ME we love your feedbacks. Be a helping hand to others today share this article on facebook or twiter. Finally send the username and password of your choice and your mobile number through this LINK now to open an account with www.websms247.com and start sending free customize sms now. Lastly visit and like us on facebook for updates on our latest on your wall by clicking ME