“Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk & Press Enter”
Most of computer users may have experienced this error message turning on a laptop or a desktop. This is actually a fairly common boot error: “Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter”. However, it can scare the heck out of you if your system was previously working fine and then suddenly won’t boot. There are many reasons a person might encounter this error. In the following simple solution, we outlined the basic problems to check for when troubleshooting this Windows boot problem.
How to Fix Disk Boot Failure
Below are important troubleshooting tips to try if the problem suddenly occurred and you have not made any modifications or changes to your system hardware.
1) It’s a boot failure; sometimes a failed CMOS battery may give rise to this problem. You need to reset or replace the battery, and then the problem will be solved. So check this first before trying out the next tip.
2) If the first tip doesn’t help, your MBR may be corrupted, and you need to do a system repair with a system disk, or this disk boot failure problem will always exist.
3) Next ensure no CD/DVD or Floppy disks are inserted when attempting to boot. Unplug any connected USB storage devices. Make sure that there is no floppy disk, CD, DVD, Cameras, Phones and iPods connected to your computer. These devices have been known to cause this boot problem as well.
4) Ensure that your system BIOS lists the hard drive as one of the boot devices. In addition, set the boot order in BIOS to allow the hard drive to become the first boot device.
5) Ensure your hard drive is recognized during system post. If it is not, check your cables and connections.
If the computer is a new build or you have made hardware changes to your system, like installing a new CD, DVD or hard drive, use the following troubleshooting tips.
If you have recently installed a new hard drive, CD/DVD drive, check the jumpers on the drives. In some cases, with older IDE cables, you cannot use the Master and Slave jumper settings and you must use Cable Select.
As a last resort, you may need to perform a System Repair if your system has become corrupted. This is your world of solutions!!!
For more information, comments or questions use our comment box below or click ME we love your feedbacks. Be a helping hand to others today share this article on facebook or twiter. Do you have something to share or you want to benefit from what others have shared? Check out concept forum now. You can shop from our products page at great discounted prices for laptops books and so much more CHECK now. Finally send the username and password of your choice and your mobile number through this LINK now to open an account with www.websms247.com and start sending free customize sms now. Lastly visit and like us on facebook for updates on our latest on your wall by clicking ME