Always, it is useful to be able to say you do not speak a language—in that language; and it is useful to be able to recognize “Set language”—written in it.
These two words shall take you half way to changing the interface language for Yahoo! Mail (and other Yahoo! sites) if you’re ever stuck with one you barely read.
Of course, you can also use the same process to pick your favorite language (or language variant, such as Australian English) for Yahoo! Mail.
Change the Interface Language of Yahoo! Mail
To pick the language used for your Yahoo! Mail’s interface (buttons, default folder names, etc.):
- Move the mouse cursor over the gear icon in your Yahoo! Mail’s top navigation bar.
- Select Account Info (or the equivalent in the current Yahoo! Mail interface language) from the menu.
- Type your Yahoo! Mail password over Password on the Sign in to Yahoo!page.
- Click Sign in.
- Follow the Set language, site, time zone link under Account Settings.
- Make sure the language (or language variant) you want to use as the user interface language for Yahoo! Mail is listed under Languages.
- Click Select under Languages if it is not,
- select the desired language (or variation) from the list that comes up and
- click Add.
- Click Set as primary next to the desired language.
- Now click Apply.